Theme: Assessment of Pupils Learning EAL
Convenor/s: Dianne Excell
Host: NALDIC Zoom
NALDIC’s Regional Interest Groups help teachers and other education professionals working with EAL learners to get together, stay informed about developments in the EAL field and share best practice.
– Hannah Nash: from University of Leeds: Dynamic Assessment Reading Test
– Claire Montgomery: City Lit College, Holborn, London: Assessing Dyslexia in EAL Pupils
It is always inspirational if practitioners share some of their successful practice so, as usual, please let us know if you could present your experiences of, for example:
- Initial Assessment/Interview
- Using Assessment Tools such as The Bell Foundation or NASSEA Steps and the DfE Proficiency Codes
- Baseline Tests
- Preparation for Key Stage Assessments etc…
As usual there will be updates from NALDIC and EAL Bilingual Google groups.
Please let us know of any announcements you would like me to make before the RIG.
Yorkshire and the Humber RIG Convenor