Working on behalf of bilingual pupils and their teachers
NALDIC, the National Association for Language Development In the Curriculum, is the UK subject association for English as an additional language (EAL). The association was founded in 1992 by a group of EAL teachers as a membership organisation for teachers and academics wanting to improve the learning and teaching of bilingual pupils in UK schools. Since those early days, NALDIC has grown in size and influence and became a registered charity in 2005. Today NALDIC is the national EAL association trusted by specialists, teachers and schools.
Our mission is to promote the effective teaching and learning of EAL and bilingual pupils in our schools. We do this by engaging with teachers, schools and other organisations to promote understanding, research and best practice in relation to EAL and bilingualism.
- publish EAL books, papers, the EAL Journal and blogs.
- support and provide EAL CPD opportunities for teaching and support staff, schools, EAL professionals and local authorities.
- host EAL national and regional events and conferences.
- link teachers and schools through EAL regional and special interest groups, our blogs and social media.
- work in partnership with other organisations and government agencies, is affiliated to CFSA and links with other associations.
- Advocate for and on behalf of EAL learners, education professionals and institutions.