Wednesday 29th November, 16:00-17:30
University of Manchester, Manchester
Theme: First language use with EAL learners
Agenda to include:
- Research-focused presentations on the theme by:
- Judith Flynn | EAL Consultant (previously Manchester Metropolitan University)
- Monika Reece | Edge Hill University
- Participants are invited to share 3-minute presentations on the theme
- The Schools of Sanctuary Project
It would also be great to share any oracy strategies or resources you’ve found to be effective. Anything referencing simple/basic EAL theory or research and then linking it to useful classroom practice would be welcome.
Please let us know that you’re coming as soon as possible, for rooming and refreshments.
If you would like to be involved with the North West RIG but are unable to attend, please email Carol Hrynyk so that you receive future mailings from the group.
View this event on our Facebook page