Thursday, 20th June 2019, Time: 14:00-16:00
Venue: Bath University, Room: 1WN 3.11
Convenors: Gail Forey and Catherine Brennan
6th Meeting – Hosted by The Language and Educational Practices Research Cluster at Bath University in collaboration with Better Bilingual.
All who have an interest in EAL are invited to attend to share their experiences, their knowledge and their questions about EAL provision across the age range and across the curriculum in schools.
We are privileged to have a range of guest speakers for this NALDIC event:
- Xiao Lan – Raising bilingual/multilingual children in transnational families
- Stephen Bray – Supporting equality: valuing ethnicity, culture and language in children’s learning
- Jane Andrews – Integrating creative arts into teaching and learning with learners developing EAL
- Gail Forey – A whole school approach to language for curriculum learning and its impact
- Breakout groups – A discussion and feedback on the topics raised including researching, implementing and supporting EAL in your context. (20 min discussion, 10 min feedback)
Xiao Lan, Professor, Gail Forey, Senior Lecturer, Department of Education, University of Bath; Jane Andrews, Associate Professor, University of West of England; Stephen Bray, EAL Lead, Gardners Lane & Oakwood Federation of schools, Cheltenham.