Wednesday 27th June, 15:45 – 16:45
Grieg City Academy, Haringey, London
Convenor: Sara Green
Theme: EAL assessment moderation using the new assessment from The Bell Foundation
The focus will be on EAL assessment moderation of the new Bell assessment as requested by the group last time.
Please bring samples of unsupported writing (one sample for a pupil at DfE categories B, C/ D and E) with you so we can conduct an audit in the meeting. If you are also able to bring any recordings (iPad? or other) of the same pupils talking so we can moderate speaking/listening then do let me know.
- Constant Leung at King’s College, who led on the development of the new assessment descriptors with colleagues from Cambridge University and Cambridge Assessment, has offered to help us with our moderation.
- To do this he will need to see your writing samples ahead of the meeting.
- If you wish Constant to have a look at your samples and comment, please email me have scanned copies by the end of the day on Friday 15th June so there is enough time for him to do this.
- The sample should be labelled with your name and school and the year group the pupil is in with a little context for the piece of writing ie how was it carried out, at what point in the topic.
- Please note Constant’s time is limited and so if I receive a lot of samples, he may not get to all of them though he will do his best. This offer will only stand for the period before our June RIG meeting. Thanks for your understanding on this.
Grieg City Academy