RIG Convenor: Tamara Rolfs Post: Tamara Rolfs
January 18th 2018
Wyndham Primary Academy, Derby
Theme: Tried and Tested Classroom Strategies for New to English Learners
There were contributions from:
- Derby New Communities Achievement Team who shared the ways they can support colleagues in supporting new arrivals.
- William Howard, Hardwick Primary School: Colourful Semantic for EAL Learners;
- Rose Murden, Village Primary School, Derby: Buddying;
- Jess Tickell, Programmes Officer at First Story, Creative Writing Programme for Secondary Schools- Free to access;
- Tamara Rolfs, Independent Consultant: Considerations for the class teacher: Reading for New to English Learners in Primary and Secondary Schools. She also shared information on a new British Academy Project: ‘If you could do one thing…’ Local actions to promote social integration, highlighting Case Study Three ‘Integrating Roma children from Central and Eastern Europe into early years education’.